Blitzy Gas Gun Lighter
For anyone with arthritis, This is a battery operated piezoelectric multispark gas lighter that can be used for all gas appliances. It works without flints, batteries or recharging. The spark fires twice as the wedge trigger is squeezed and released. This unit has a flat base and could be placed on the surface of the stove with the lighter end near the gas jet. It would then be possible to press down on the wedge trigger to operate the gun.
* The Blitzy is a Piezoelectric Gas Lighter so no need for fuel, or flints
* The Blitzy overall length is 26cm. with a forged stainless steel shaft and attractive plastic handle.
* It has a large easy push button to start a spark.
* It is a continuous spark (so with one press it sparks multi times)
* Colour Black and Silver .Blister Packed
* This is a Piezo electric Gas Lighter not a flame lighter and does not require any liquid fuel.
* It is comfortable to hold and may be suitable for any one with arthritis.
* Requires 1 AA Battery
Some assistive technology needs to meet Australian or other standards. Standards may relate to materials, manufacturing and installation. Products that meet Australian or international standards will have written certification. To find out if a product meets Australian Standards ask the supplier to show you the certificate. For more information about standards also see
Many of the items on the Assistive Technology Australia website are categorised as a Medical Device. Medical devices that are approved for use in Australia have been entered into a national database called the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG), which is maintained by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). You can ask the supplier for the ARTG number for the device you wish to purchase and search the ARTG for the entry. To access information on the ARTG visit www.tga.gov.au
When buying a medical device it is advisable to only choose a medical device that is recommended by a healthcare professional and has been included on the ARTG.